The Waterfront City Development is a new community precinct located within the Melbourne CBD. Stage 1 opened in 2005 with a diverse range of restaurants, boutique commercial suites a public marina and piazzia. In 2008, stage 2 opened offering a dynamic mix of retail, commercial, residential and entertainment space.
Call us on 1300 629 529 for more information
Environmentally sustainable principles applied to this project and materials had to be low impact and low maintenance.
Short term construction time line had to be adhered to.
Stage one was ocompleted using “brick snaps” and all follow-on work had to match the look created by this facade.
Onsite Construction Group commissioned Nawkaw to recreate the look of brickwork and stain the precast concrete panels on-site.
Once the surface was cured and prepared Nawkaw’s colour technician applied the company’s unique colour emulsion technology to the brickwork panels brick by brick Penetrating though the surface, the colour technology gave the building a rich pink brick colour and created a smooth and consistent finish The base brick work then was highlighted with a contrasting tone.
Authentic brick look achieved through the recolouring work Plain concrete colouring transformed into stylish traditional tonings with modern street appeal.
- Nawkaw colour penetration technology is formulated with colour fast oxide pigments which penetrate the surface of the masonry. The advantages of the product are numerous:
- Quick drying
- Resistant to mould and mildew
- Design not to fade, peel and crack.
- Minimal, if any, on-going maintenance
- U.V and weather resistant
- Up to 30 year Limited guarantee